Friday, December 26, 2014

Making the Cut, My Professional Lacrosse Experience

Professor box/indoor lacrosse played in a hockey rink with astro turf. Lacrosse is the national sport of Canada and the Canadians play largely box lacrosse
In 1988 I earned a spot on the newly created box/indoor lacrosse team the New York Saints of the also new Major Indoor Professional Lacrosse League. We played our home games at the Nassau Coliseum home of the New York Islanders too. The team consisted largely of Long Island Lacrosse club players and a few players from the recently established New York Athletic Club Team (NYAC) out of Manhattan.This served as my first experience in professional sports. It did allot more for my ego than it did for my billfold. More importantly the experience of going through a rigorous trying out went a long way in preparing me for the tryouts for the 1990 U. S. National Team. 

The Gait’s Canadian Box Lacrosse Roots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWd_SS3gQNU


How Many Goals Did the Gaits Score Right-Handed?: [Watch 8 min 24 sec] http://lacrossememoir.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-many-goals-did-gaits-score-right.html

No comments:

Post a Comment