Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2012 National Lacrosse Hall of Fame Class


Now National Hall of Famer Tim Nelson playing back in SU's first National Championship in 1983 


Here is letter I just emailed to my teammate Tim Nelson and copied to several other SU teammates upon hearing that he is now a member of the 2012 class of the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame!  

Dear Nellie

I am both thrilled and extremely proud to learn about your induction into the national lacrosse hall of fame. As you may or may not know, this most likely would have happened earlier but an application that someone submitted on your behalf, a required part of the consideration process, had mistakenly been misfiled. It was only after Phil Sanders diligently followed up on what happened that I learned about this misfortunate mishap.  Perhaps it was fitting that the delay happened so that you would be inducted in the same class as fellow Yorktown High School and Syracuse alum Roy Colsey.  All I can say is wow! I remember Roy as a young camper at the West Point lacrosse camp following my junior year at SU. I would later watch Roy help his teammates win two national championships at SU when I returned to graduate school there in the early 1990s.  In closing let me share a link to several stories I have done on my lacrosse blog in which I talk about my now long relationship with you--dating back to the carpool we did to the old Freeport Summer League on the Island: http://lacrossememoir.blogspot.com/search?q=Tim+Nelson


Best wishes, 

Fred


The other inductees this year include: 

Brian Dougherty
Jesse Hubbard
Jen Adams
Missy Foote
Kelly Amonte Hiller
Cindy Timchal 

2 comments:

  1. I remember Roy as a young camper at the West Point lacrosse camp following my junior year at SU.Lacrosse Heads

    ReplyDelete